Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
Protect yourself and community from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses like the flu, or the Coronavirus disease 2019.
Remember that we are currently in cold and flu season and to take everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home from work, school and all public gatherings if you are sick.
- If you are having difficulty breathing, see a healthcare provider.
How to prepare and take action for COVID-19:
We should be prepared for the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak in our community. We want to encourage the community that we can take measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Everyone has a role to play in getting ready and staying healthy. Click below to learn more.
Prepare your home and have a plan:
- Keep plenty of liquids, soap and tissues in your home
- Keep a good supply of fever reducers (acetaminophen and ibuprofen)
- If you are on chronic (long term) medications, make sure you have at least a month’s supply
- Make a plan for child-care if your children’s school or day care is closed
- Stock your home with non-perishable foods. You will not want to go to crowded stores or pharmacies if many in the community are sick.